Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Chicago


Beth and I went to Chicago this weekend to visit our long-lost Fern. Highlights included Fern's cute neighborhood, eating in diners, discussions of gender issues in Irish pubs, riding the El, shopping in the Loop, and, of course, watching Gilmore Girls.

I'm a little jealous of Fern's life - a real city and the true life of academia are alluring. I could transfer, I suppose. But despite the temptations of pedestrian accesibility, academic integrity and the promise of consistent good hair days (Chicago appears to be humidity - free), I think I'll stay in the ATL for a little longer. I have too much here to give up just yet - good friends, comfortable apartment, and a school that tries hard to strike a balance between knowledge and practice. And besides, I always try harder for roots.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

or you could try out another big city...like DC and come live with me, I'm sure it will be a change from the ATL

J said...

what the hell?