Monday, March 06, 2006

Tangled

Does your brain ever get tangled?

Mine feels that way often. Predisposed to integration and connection, my mind knots ideas up around each another, and sifting one out from all the others becomes nearly impossible.

It could be category confusion – imposing my commitments and longings for one part of my life onto other, seemingly unrelated parts, letting my biases and prejudices inform discussions and decisions that should be objective. Sometimes that gets dangerous and unhealthy.

But mostly, I like the messy, tangled way my brain works. Life just is messy, and no matter how hard we work at it, it won’t be untangled. Besides, I think the beauty might be in the knots.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Are there any "parts" of our lives that are really "unrelated?" If not, therein lies the tendency to tangle, and as you say, make those beautiful knots!

Mom