Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Reasons Why I Should Be Shedding My Recent and Persistent Insanity

1. I am no longer a seminarian.
2. I only have to contemplate the deep mysteries of theology and the meaning of the universe if and when I feel like it.
3. Evenings can and shall be filled with things other than homework. Like blogging. And reading fiction. And listening to live music.
4. I am a chaplain at Grady Hospital, a job that gives structure (if not consistency) to my days and purpose (if not direction) to my life.
5. I have a ceiling fan.
6. After a 5 day moving marathon affectionately referred to as "Movapalooza 2007," almost everyone I know lives in a new place. Shifts in perspective abound.
7. No longer a prisoner of the basement dungeon apartment K, I can see the sun and the sky right here from my desk.
8. Pending my grandfather's approval, I believe that all of these things combined might qualify me for official adulthood status.

1 comment:

Travis said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. You should check out an old project of mine trying to get its wings back since conference, Sauer Grapes. I wondered if you were interested in joining as an editor to this endeavor, basically reading blogs and posting, as you have time in your busy chaplain schedule, what you think would fit with the blog's vision, plus maybe every blue moon or so coming up with some content exclusive to that blog. Look over the blog and let me know what you think. It's too bad we didn't cross paths at AC. I think it would be cool to have a gathering, even insight session, for Brethren bloggers. Wouldn't that rock!?