Saturday, September 08, 2007

Oooooklahoma...

To keep you all abreast of my travels, I'm now in Oklahoma, where the wind does indeed come sweeping down the plains, and the never-ending skies freak me out more than a little. I left Oxford on Thursday morning, and entered the flatlands. As soon as I crossed the state line into Arkansas, the sky turned black for as far as I could see, and a huge lightning storm confirmed my distrust of these hill-less states. I did eventually cross the Ozarks, much to my relief, but I do not understand how people live their lives so starkly exposed to the skies and the elements. I miss the mountains.

Around dinnertime, I pulled into Tulsa where Larry took J and I out to dinner. J says his degree has qualified him to preach, teach, or leech, and he's chosen the third option. It seems to be working out pretty well, since Larry is such a generous guy and gracious host. Yesterday, J and I ate bacon, drank coffee, shopped for records and saw Superbad (which is, I might add, accurately titled). Now we're watching college football, cooking a corned beef roast, and waiting out the flash flood warnings in the area. I head back east tomorrow, but first J is taking me into town to see this:



Amazing.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

OH MY GOSH! I probably missed you. I am calling you tomorrow regardless. Extreme sadness is taking place in my house right now.

Pastor Nicole said...

Please write a new blog. Every time I check on this, I see those crazy hands and it freaks me out. So, please, for the love of my sanity, post a new blog...


(and maybe a picture of bacon...)