I'm trying to protect my housemates from the awful crud that has had me laid up for the past three days, so I've quarantined myself to my room. Luckily, I have a passable sick couch down here and a computer with DVD player, so I've been passing the time with Season 2 of West Wing and my friend the Internet.
A list of those things containing within them the power to cure a 102 fever and serious chest congestion, not to mention my failing spirits caused by illness and isolation:
- Drugs - lots of them, and good ones.
- Josh and Donna's unending back and forth.
- people sitting with me via interweb.
- Toddler self-defense.
- The Trigon kid.
- Bacon for dinner!
- Mom's prayer shawl.
- Facebook scrabulous (start a game with me, now, please)
- Voicemails from Momma Kim insisting that if I do not call her back to report upon my well-being she will have Bekah "drag my sorry ass to the doctor as soon as she gets home."
- tea and banana bread.
- um, making this list.