Friday, April 11, 2008

Right Now

I am in Virginia, sitting on Katie's couch, waiting for cod and shrimp to soak up a delicious Mediterranean marinade so that we can turn them into an exquisite Tangine. Also, the sun is shining, I wore sandals today, tulips, daisies, cherry blossoms and lillies are blooming, I ate an amazing pastry called a bacon brioche for breakfast, and, oh yeah, it's 80 degrees.

Do you see me thumbing my nose at you, you miserable Midwest? Can you hear my taunts, Chicago, flung at you from a thousand miles away?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

right now...

i could give a f*ck about virginia...

and wish you were here...

b*tches...

Anonymous said...

i bleep for jojo and bobby's sake...

though i don't know which is which...

and i post anonymously because there is no way you know who this is...

or how much wine i've had...

or how many times i've texted you tonight...

b*tches...

Anonymous said...

also, some walker percy for your enjoyment:

'chicago. misery misery son of a b*tch of all miseries.'

'oh sons of all b*tches and great beast of chicago lying in wait. there goes my life...my little way, my secret existence among the happy shades...'

'it is not a bad thing to settle for the little way, not the big search for the big happiness but the sad little happiness of drinks and kisses, a good little car and a warm deep thigh.'

yeah, i know -- b*tches...

Anonymous said...

how little of any of it makes sense...

Beth said...

Perhaps J wishes you were in Oxford?

I just wanted to comment about the bacon brioche. I'm going to need more info...

Glad you're warm. Wish you had been here in the ATL Friday. I almost died of a heat stroke at frisbee. But I didn't.

Rock on.