Monday, December 21, 2009

Best of 2009, con't

Allll right. I've been otherwise occupied this last week, between Bobby's triple bypass, getting snowed in with JoJo, and an impending root canal tomorrow morning. But, onward we plow toward the end of the year (and, it seems, decade). I'll spare you the incredibly interesting topics of "best packaging" and "greatest tea," and skip right on to Word or Phrase of 2009:

"Perpetual Displacement"

This year, I started a new job, had major surgery and lost some major body parts, moved twice across the country, and was on the road 150 out of 365 days. It's true that some days I don't know whether I'm coming or going, and I've actually misplaced my friends and family. That is, I forget who belongs where and from which part of my life. I'm looking at you, 2010, to sprout some roots.


No comments: