Days I Have Lived In Manassas, Virginia: 8
Bedrooms in My New House: 5
Persons Occupying Bedrooms in My New House: 1
Hours Since I Officially (and finally) Assumed the Title of "Minister": 83
Screws Installed in Ikea Furniture in One Night: 62 (approximate)
Meals Eaten at Katerina's Greek Cuisine in Old Town: 2
Hospitality and Welcome Received: abundant
Trips to Super Target, 2.1 Miles South: 6
Cookies Consumed During Sunday Night's Surprise Welcome Party at My Own House: 4
Youth Hiding By Stoop at Night to Scare the Living Daylights Out Of Me in Welcome: 8
Chain Restaurant Possibilities Within a 10 Minute Drive: innumerable (approximate)
Exponent Applied to Renewed Social Life (versus the last 4 months-2 years): 10
A. Possessions Misplaced During Major Move:
- Glasses (of the eyewear persuasion, not drinkware, though those were temporarily hiding for a day or so)
- 1 Pair Favorite Jeans
- Desk Lamp (white, with bendy neck)
- Extra Soap (currently supplied, but bought in bulk months ago)
B. Eclectic Meals Actually Consumed in Transitional, Moving In Kitchen:
- Party Mix + Banana
- Grilled Cheese + Cashews
- Cranberry Juice + Beef Stew
- Venison Lasagna + White Cheddar Popcorn
C. Scheduled Grocery Shopping: Tomorrow.
E. Best Parts:
- Every one of my books unpacked and orderly shelved in a sensible system in ONE ROOM.
- Being immediately and warmly welcomed into an established congregational community.
- Sunset clearing the sky each night (which seems always to be moving with clouds sweeping by - no mountains to contain the weather).
- Being 67.5 miles from SP, 30.2 from KR + EF, 28.1 from JLM, 32.6 from BO, and still only 211 from KC, RC, JC, RC, LC, et. al.
F. Email Inspiration: